Best wishes on your new Kenmore Elite 700 Series Gas Grill purchase! The smallest detail was taken into consideration during the whole design and engineering process of the Kenmore Elite Series Grills.
You can grill with perfect confidence every time thanks to the grill’s design, which offers you fine control, quick performance, and even cooking outcomes.
For more than a century, the Kenmore brand has offered cutting-edge solutions to help our members and clients get more out of life. The Kenmore brand has developed during this time in response to technology, fashion, and the unique needs of each generation.
The fact that all Kenmore products provide access to more life through more ease, improved performance, and time savings, however, is a constant.
Another illustration of this fantastic Kenmore legacy is your brand-new Kenmore Elite gas grill. Naturally, if you experience any problems with your new grill, please get in touch with us at 1-800-4-MY-HOME or at Sears.com.
We also hope that you would tell us and other people about your grilling experiences and recipes. You can do this by going to the Kenmore grillingishappiness.com or cookmore.com websites.
We appreciate you allowing us to bring this incredible product into your life. We wish you a lifetime of wonderful meals shared with loved ones and friends.
Kenmore 700 Washer Warranty
Ignitor batteries, grill part paint loss, discoloration, or surface rusting are the only conditions that are not covered by any warranty because they are either consumable components that could break down from normal use during the warranty period, or they are defects that could arise from normal use, an accident, or improper maintenance. If this device is ever used for anything other than personal, domestic use, all applicable warranties are void.
This warranty DOES NOT pay for any of the following and ONLY covers flaws in material and workmanship:
1. Disposable materials, including but not limited to batteries, screw-in base light bulbs, and surface coatings or finishes, which can become worn out from normal use throughout the warranty period.
2. A service technician to clean or maintain this appliance, or to train the user on the proper installation, usage, and maintenance of the equipment.
3. Service calls to correct appliance installations not completed by Sears approved service professionals, or to fix issues with home wiring, fuses, or circuit breakers brought on by such installations.
4. Installation not carried out by Sears approved service professionals, including installation that did not follow electrical, gas, or plumbing requirements, resulting in damage to or failure of this appliance.
5. Failure or damage to this appliance, including surface corrosion or discoloration, if it is not correctly used and maintained in accordance with the provided instructions.
6. A mishap, alteration, abuse, misuse, or usage of the appliance outside of its authorized use may cause damage to it or cause it to malfunction, including discoloration or surface rust.
7. Use of detergents, cleansers, chemicals, or utensils other than those suggested in all product instructions may result in damage to or failure of this appliance, including staining or surface rust.
8. This appliance may be harmed or fail due to a natural disaster or other incidents, such as a flood, fire, or storm.
9. Unauthorized alterations to this device may cause parts or systems to fail or be damaged.
10. If the model and serial plate are missing, altered, or cannot be easily identified as having the proper certification logo, service to the appliance is required.
Use & Care of Kenmore 700 Washer
NEVER place a spare LP cylinder underneath an appliance, close by, or inside of a closed space. Never fill a cylinder more than 80% of the way.
• A fire that results in fatalities or serious injuries could happen if the instructions in the two paragraphs above are not strictly adhered to.
• A cylinder that has been overfilled or stored incorrectly poses a risk because the safety relief valve could leak gas. This could start a serious fire that puts lives, serious injuries, and/or property at danger. Call your local fire department right away if you notice, smell, or hear gas leaking from the LP cylinder or device.
LP Tank Removal, Transport & Storage
Turn off the LP tank valve and all control knobs. Use only your hands to turn the coupling nut counterclockwise; do not use any equipment to disconnect.
Lift the LP tank up and away from the support bracket after lifting the LP tank wire upward off of the LP tank collar. On the LP tank valve, install the safety cap. Use the valve’s supplied cap and strap at all times.
Failure to utilize a safety cap as instructed could lead to severe property damage or personal injury.
A safety cap needs to be fitted on any disconnected LP tanks that are being stored or transported (as shown).
An LP tank should never be kept in a carport, garage, porch, covered patio, or other enclosed facility. Never keep an LP tank inside a car that could get too hot from the sun.
The LP cylinder needs to be set up for vapor withdrawal and have a collar to protect the valve. LP cylinders must always be stored, transported, and used vertically.
• When created, LP gas is harmless, tasteless, and colorless. In order to ensure your safety, LP gas has been given a smell that is reminiscent of rotting cabbage. • LP gas is highly flammable and may unexpectedly ignite when combined with air.
Use only authorized and knowledgeable dealers.
Before filling, the LP dealer must cleanse the fresh cylinder.
• The LP cylinder should NEVER be filled to more than 80% of its volume by the dealer. Temperature will affect the amount of propane in the cylinder; a frosty regulator signals gas overfill. Close the LP cylinder valve right away and get help from a nearby LP gas dealer.
Use only authorized and knowledgeable dealers. Before filling, the LP dealer must cleanse the fresh cylinder.
• The LP cylinder should NEVER be filled to more than 80% of its volume by the dealer. Temperature will affect the amount of propane in a cylinder.
• Gas overfill is indicated by a frozen regulator. Close the LP cylinder valve right away and get help from a nearby LP gas dealer.
• Avoid venting LP gas (liquid propane) into the atmosphere. This practice is dangerous.
• Speak to a local fire department or an LP dealer for help removing gas from an LP cylinder. Find the closest authorized LP dealers by looking for “Gas Companies” in the phone book.
LP Tank Exchange
You have the option of replacing your empty LP tank through an exchange service, which is provided by many grill sellers.
Make sure you only use exchange firms with a good reputation who check, precisely fill, test, and certify their cylinders. Only swap out your tank for a tank that has OPD safety features installed, as detailed in the “LP Tank” section of this manual.
Leak test new and exchanged LP tanks BEFORE connection to grill. • Always keep new and exchanged LP tanks in an upright position whether in use, travel, or storage.
LP Tank Leak System
Each time an LP tank is switched out or replenished, a leak test needs to be performed.
• Don’t smoke when doing a leak test.
Avoid checking for gas leaks with an open flame. Outdoors, away from potential ignition sources like electrical or gas-fired equipment, the grill needs to be leak tested in a well-ventilated area.
Away from sparks or open flames while conducting a leak test on the grill. Use a clean paintbrush with a mixture of 50/50 mild soap and water. Areas highlighted by arrows in the following figure should be brushed with soapy solution.
Growing bubbles are a sign of leaks.
- Verify that the coupling nut is securely fastened before opening the LP cylinder valve.
- Turn off all control knobs and the LP cylinder valve when the grill is not in use.
- Never relocate a grill that is in use or that is still hot.
- To prevent burns and splatters, use oven mitts and long-handled grilling tools.
- The sideburner and side shelf can support a weight of 10 lbs.
- After each usage, the grease tray needs to be removed from the grill and emptied. Grease tray shouldn’t be removed until the grill has totally cooled.
Clean the grill frequently, ideally after each barbecue. Before grilling, make sure there are no loose bristles left on the cooking surfaces if a bristle brush was used to clean any of the grill’s cooking surfaces. Cleaning cooking surfaces while the grill is hot is not advised.
General Grill Cleaning
Do not confuse grease and smoke buildup that is brown or black with paint. Gas grill interiors aren’t painted in the manufacture (and should never be painted). On the inside of the grill lid and bottom, use a strong solution of soap and water or a grill cleaner with a scrub brush.
Rinse thoroughly and let air dry entirely. Applying a caustic grill/oven cleaning to painted surfaces is not recommended.
• Porcelain surfaces: The majority of residue can be removed with a baking soda/water solution or a specially developed cleaner due to the material’s glass-like nature. For tough stains, use nonabrasive scouring powder.
• Painted surfaces: Wash with warm, soapy water, a moderate detergent, or a non-abrasive cleanser. Use a soft, nonabrasive towel to wipe dry.