Utilize this equipment only as instructed in this handbook. The instructions, like those for any electrical device, attempt to address as many circumstances as they can.
Use caution and good judgment when installing and using this air conditioner. It is harmful to change or modify the unit’s features in any way. This appliance has been made to cool and dehumidify home surroundings, and it must not be used for other reasons.
It must be placed in compliance with the applicable national regulations. Contact the closest authorized Repair Service Center if repairs are required. Unauthorized maintenance might be harmful.
Unless they have received supervision or instruction regarding use of the appliance from a person responsible for their safety, persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, are not intended to operate the appliance.
Children should be watched closely to prevent them from playing with the device. To completely eliminate risk, the manufacturer or an authorized technical service center must replace the power cable if it is damaged.
Ensure the device is always plugged into a grounded 3-prong outlet. Consult a licensed electrician if you are unsure. Avoid using extension cords. Always disconnect the appliance from the outlet before performing any cleaning or maintenance procedures.
When moving the appliance, avoid pulling or putting strain on the power cord. The device should not be placed in an area where there may be flammable gases, oil, or sulfur, or close to heat sources. Avoid laying hot or substantial things on the appliance.
Maintain weekly filter cleanings. Don’t use heaters close to the appliance. The apparatus must be transported vertically. Avoid laying the device horizontally; if this is not possible, secure it at an angle. Drain the appliance before moving it.
Wait at least 6 hours after transportation before turning the unit on. The packing components are recyclable. Therefore, it is advised that you put them in the designated bins for the collection of varied garbage.
This appliance is equipped with a unique safety feature. This mechanism stops the compressor from starting up again for at least three minutes after it shuts off.
DeLonghi PACAN 125HPEKC: Heating Mode
This is best in the spring and fall when the weather is not too chilly outside. In order for the moisture to be discharged outside, the appliance must be set up for this mode in the same manner as for air conditioning, with the air exhaust line (B2) attached. Setting this mode:-
Press the MODE button repeatedly until the heating sign appears.
• Press the + (C3) or – (C6) buttons to change the temperature as required.
In this mode, the application automatically chooses the fan speed; it is not possible to alter it manually.
• The equipment defrosts automatically when used in extremely cold environments, briefly halting regular operation. On the screen, ” Lt ” appears. It is typical for the appliance’s noise throughout this process to change.
• It could take a few minutes in this setting before the appliance begins to emit hot air.
• Even though the temperature has already reached the predetermined point in this mode, the fan may still run briefly.
• There’s a chance that the display will read “HL” alarm. In this situation, empty the internal safety tank as directed in the section titled “End of Season Operations.”
DeLonghi PACAN 125HPEKC: Setting The Time
The start-up or shutdown of appliances can be delayed using the timer. By avoiding using the appliance when it is not required, power is saved.
How to set up a delayed start
• Connect the appliance to the outlet, then switch the device to standby.
• When you press the timer button (C4), the hours and timer sign (C13) illuminate.
• To set the number of hours before the appliance turns on, press the + (C6) or – (C3) keys.
• A short time after the setting is made, the appliance is in standby mode, the timer symbol is lit, and the setting is memorized.
• The previously selected mode will be used to operate the appliance. You can program the appliance to turn on in the next 24 hours.
CONTROLLING FROM A REMOTE SOURCE
APPLICATION OF REMOTE CONTROL
• Aim the remote control at the air conditioner’s receiver (A11). If there are no obstructions between the remote control and the receiver, the distance between the remote control and the appliance must not exceed 16 feet (5 meters).
• Use extra caution when handling the remote control. Avoid dropping it or exposing it to hot sources like the sun.
The controls on the appliance’s control panel and the remote control are identical (C). To choose the desired functions, you should thus refer to the instructions in the chapter “OPERATING FROM THE CONTROL PANEL.” To change the temperature display from °C to °F and vice versa, press button D5.
The batteries must be taken out and disposed of in accordance with current regulations whenever the remote control unit is replaced or discarded because they are bad for the environment. Never combine used and fresh batteries.
Alkaline, normal (carbon-zinc), and rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries should not be mixed. Never burn off batteries for disposal. Batteries could leak or blow up. Remove the batteries from the remote control if it won’t be used for a while.
According to part 15 of the FCC Rules, this equipment has been evaluated and found to conform with the requirements for a Class B digital device. These restrictions are made to offer reasonable defense against damaging interference in residential installations.
• If not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, this equipment, which creates, utilizes, and can radiate radio frequency energy, may cause detrimental interference to radio communications.